Who: This 8-day immersive experience is designed for anyone who is looking to take a deep dive into all that is Holistic Management! It is for everyone from a producer looking to increase their carrying capacity, a future teacher of Holistic Management looking to learn the basics, and a community member looking to understand more about regenerative agriculture.
What: Holistic Management is a decision making framework that allows co-creation in the world of regenerative agriculture by ensuring that the actions taken to restore land and livelihoods are ecologically, socially and economically sound and based on the context described by the people involved.
The Course: This unique and intimate course is designed within the context of Robinia’s demonstration site, Timshel Wildland, a 400-acre process-led & emergent conservation landscape in Nelson County, Virginia that is leading the rewilding movement in the Mid-Atlantic.
In this course, we will learn how to “talk to nature, to have a relationship based in intimacy and not control” as educator Daniel Griffith says. We will learn to nurture deep relationships with the ecosystem processes all around us by implementing patience in observation alongside strategic monitoring protocols and contextually-functional tools that feed health indicators back to our livestock grazing operation.
- This course includes 2 locally sourced and delicious meals a day, instruction and materials. We will not be serving breakfast.
- If you have allergies or dietary restrictions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
- This course is designed for the student working toward their Accreditation (AP) with the Savory Institute. All are welcome, however.
- If you are working to be an AP with the Savory Institute, this course automatically includes a practice “mock” interview post the course to prepare you for your Accredited Professional Exit Interview with a Savory Master Trainer.
- This course is taught by Robinia’s Lead Educator, Savory Institute Hub Leader, and Accredited Professional Daniel Firth Griffith.
Overall, this course will teach you how to manage your livestock holistically so that animals stay healthy and productive whilst increasing the biological capital that will sustain your livelihood for generations to come.